South Pacific Whale Watch Premier
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Kaikoura
- Product code: SPH04
From our helipads located adjacent to the unique Kaikoura Whale Sanctuary we can have you airborne and searching for the amazing leviathans of the deep, the Sperm Whales that are resident in the Kaikoura region year round feeding in the rich waters.
During your experience with us you will be taken on a journey above one of New Zealand’s most unique areas, due to the special underwater geography of the area, it enables a huge abundance of food to be produced due to a large upwelling and mixing of both warm and cold currents. The food produced here supports a very diverse variety of marine life including many types of whales that migrate through the area such as Humpback, Southern Right, Blue, and of course our resident Sperm Whales the worlds largest toothed whale.
During your trip there is also a chance to see the incredibly playful Dusky Dolphins and New Zealand Fur Seals which also call this sanctuary home. This experience then takes you to along the beautiful coastline up to the spectacular Seaward Kaikoura Ranges for an alpine landing on the mountains, which rise over 2500 meters out of the ocean.
*Refer to T&C's (please note: Min. of 2 adults I Max of 4 pax- larger groups can be split between aircraft)
WHY FLY WITH SOUTH PACIFIC WHALE WATCH - OUR POINT OF DIFFERENCE?
- South Pacific Whale Watch is operated by South Pacific Helicopters and is proud to be a locally owned and operated family business.
- We are listed on New Zealand's - Must Do NZ website our prices reflect quality 'experiences' that we are proud of!
- We can slowly orbit around the whales | Seaward Kaikoura Ranges | ecological sites in a way only a helicopter can
- Fully permitted by the Department of Conservation for landing concessions and marine mammal viewing
- Exclusive landing sites only available to South Pacific Whale Watch overlooking the Kaikoura Whale Sanctuary and the Hikurangi Marine Reserve.
- Our pilots are trained to the highest standard with specific training relating to New Zealand’s alpine and oceanic environments.