South Pacific Whale Watch Discovery
- Duration: 50 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Kaikoura
- Product code: SPH03
From our helipads located adjacent to the unique Kaikoura Whale Sanctuary we can have you airborne and searching for the amazing leviathans of the deep, the Sperm Whales that are resident in the Kaikoura region feeding in the rich waters of the underwater Kaikoura Canyon.
Board the helicopter and get your cameras ready for an stunning views. Explore the Hikurangi Marine Sanctuary and enjoy head to tail views of the sperm whales you can only get from the helicopter, it allows you to maximise your views of the animals, while minimising the impact. This extended trip gives more time to view other wildlife that may be in the area such as dusky dolphins and other migrating whale species.
Upon a successful whale viewing, head along the coastline for our exclusive landing zones. Exit the helicopter and enjoy unimpeded views of the Pacific Ocean, Kaikoura Peninsula, and Seaward Kaikoura Ranges all in one spectacular vista. Be ready for some jaw-dropping photo opportunities.
*Refer to T&C's (please note: Min. of 2 adults I Max of 5 pax- larger groups can be split between aircraft)
WHY FLY WITH SOUTH PACIFIC WHALE WATCH - OUR POINT OF DIFFERENCE?
- South Pacific Whale Watch is operated by South Pacific Helicopters and is proud to be a locally owned and operated family business.
- We are listed on New Zealand's - Must Do NZ website our prices reflect quality 'experiences' that we are proud of!
- We can slowly orbit around the whales | Seaward Kaikoura Ranges | ecological sites in a way only a helicopter can
- Fully permitted by the Department of Conservation for landing concessions and marine mammal viewing
- Exclusive landing sites only available to South Pacific Whale Watch overlooking the Kaikoura Whale Sanctuary and the Hikurangi Marine Reserve.
- Our pilots are trained to the highest standard with specific training relating to New Zealand’s alpine and oceanic environments.