Whale Watch Ocean Safari
- Duration: 40 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Kaikoura
- Product code: SPH02
After the briefing head out and explore what Kaikoura has to offer! View sperm whales a from above, slowly orbiting the animals in a way only a helicopter can. Kaikoura is located on the the migratory routes for humpback whales, southern right whales, killer whales, and even blue whales depending on the time of year. You'll experience stunning vistas of the Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges, as well as the Kaikoura Peninsula, and the vastness of the Pacific Ocean.
After a successful whale sighting fly along the coastline spotting any other wildlife including the resident populations of dusky dolphins as well as New Zealand fur seals, with the gorgeous backdrop of mountains and sea at every turn. Your experience ends back at the helipad where complimentary transportation is waiting to take you back to your hotel or into town.
*Refer to T&C's (please note: Min. of 2 adults I Max of 5 pax- larger groups can be split between aircraft)
WHY FLY WITH SOUTH PACIFIC WHALE WATCH - OUR POINT OF DIFFERENCE?
- South Pacific Whale Watch is operated by South Pacific Helicopters and is proud to be a locally owned and operated family business.
- We are listed on New Zealand's - Must Do NZ website our prices reflect quality 'experiences' that we are proud of!
- We can slowly orbit around the whales | Seaward Kaikoura Ranges | ecological sites in a way only a helicopter can
- Fully permitted by the Department of Conservation for landing concessions and marine mammal viewing
- Exclusive landing sites only available to South Pacific Whale Watch overlooking the Kaikoura Whale Sanctuary and the Hikurangi Marine Reserve.
- Our pilots are trained to the highest standard with specific training relating to New Zealand’s alpine and oceanic environments.