Whale Watch Explorer
- Duration: 30 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Kaikoura
- Product code: SPH01
During your experience with us you will be taken on a journey above one of New Zealand’s most unique areas, due to the special underwater geography of the area, it enables a huge abundance of food to be produced due to a large upwelling and mixing of both warm and cold currents. The food produced here supports a diverse variety of marine life including many species of whales that migrate through the area such as humpback, southern right whales, blue whales, and of course our resident sperm whales the worlds largest toothed Whale.
Once you have spent time with the whale, relax and enjoy the flight back along the rugged coastline of Kaikoura, enjoying the views and spotting any other wildlife that are in the area. Stunning vistas and photo opportunities of the Kaikoura Peninsula, Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges, and the Pacific Ocean await you at every turn.
Your experience ends back at the helipad where our complimentary transport is waiting to take you back to town or to your hotel.
*Refer to T&C's (please note: Min. of 2 adults I Max of 5 pax- larger groups can be split between aircraft)
WHY FLY WITH SOUTH PACIFIC WHALE WATCH - OUR POINT OF DIFFERENCE?
- South Pacific Whale Watch is operated by South Pacific Helicopters and is proud to be a locally owned and operated family business.
- We are listed on New Zealand's - Must Do NZ website our prices reflect quality 'experiences' that we are proud of!
- We can slowly orbit around the whales | Seaward Kaikoura Ranges | ecological sites in a way only a helicopter can
- Fully permitted by the Department of Conservation for landing concessions and marine mammal viewing
- Exclusive landing sites only available to South Pacific Whale Watch overlooking the Kaikoura Whale Sanctuary and the Hikurangi Marine Reserve.
- Our pilots are trained to the highest standard with specific training relating to New Zealand’s alpine and oceanic environments.